Hello dear Friends!
Filmotor is looking for a new team member on the following position:
Festivals Submission Assistant
The candidate can join Filmotor from May 2021.
Few points about the job:
You will be working from home office preferably anywhere in Europe. Unless the candidate is very exceptional, then other arrangements can be made. We are based in Prague but our operations are global.
Brief description of Filmotor
Filmotor is a film world sales company working with creative independent documentary features. There are 4 major categories of the work activities: Film Acquisitions, Festival Representation, Film Sales, Marketing & PR. Currently our operation acquires 6-8 films per year. As we are expanding with the right people our short term goal is to acquire up to 12 films.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing offers to film festivals
- Submitting the films to festivals
- Updating festival strategy sheets
- Communication with our producers and directors
- Communication with festival programmers
- Managing our social media channels
- Creative writing
Requirements and qualifications
- Proficiency in all forms of English
- Appreciation of documentary cinema and film festival policy
- Passion to learn new things, favour for documentary & film distribution
- MS Office – Excel mainly, knowledge of Google Docs
- Sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
- Must exhibit high level writing skills
Benefits of the internship
- Knowledge of the film festival world & current documentary cinema
- Possibility of getting the job in the company as a festival coordinator after the internship
- Chance of travelling and attending documentary markets, events and festivals
- Learning about the global documentary film market
- Flexible working hours
Schedule and duration
The minimal length of the internship is 3 months. The vacancy is non paid for the first training period of 2 months. However if the intern shows promise and proves the skills with satisfactory performance, after 3 months the position for festival coordinator will be offered. A minimum of 15 hours per week is required. Immediately the candidate must review our recent film catalogue.
If you are seriously considering this opportunity please send your most recent CV and a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 April 2021. Please indicate your area of interest for your possible future growth – festivals, acquisitions or sales. We are a small company and you will be in a direct contact with all stuff members that will support and guide you.
Please note that in the near future the new vacancy is going to be open for the position of Acqusition Assistant.